Update your name on the electoral register

Use this form to tell us if you're name has changed since you registered to vote or been spelt wrong.

If you're unsure you have registered, fill in the form below.

When to use this form

You need to tell us your name has changed if you:

  • have got married
  • have got divorced
  • changed it by deed poll.

You should also use this form to tell us if your name has been spelt wrong.

Documents to provide

When you use this form you will need to provide evidence of the name change. We will accept a scanned email attachment in PDF or JPG format.

ReasonDocument needed
Married Marriage certificate
Divorced Decree nisi
General name change Deed poll
Misspelling n/a


Tell us about your name change