Things to read
Things to do
People experiencing homelessness are at a heightened risk from coronavirus. We are working hard with our partners, other councils and the GLA, to ensure anyone who is currently homeless, or is at risk from being made homeless, has a safe place to go. We have already secured 40 additional beds in Wembley, and will be creating more accommodation.
If you are homeless, or threatened with homelessness, call:
- Housing Contact Centre on 020 8937 2000, choosing option 3
If you are worried about someone sleeping rough:
- Visit the Streetlink London website
To protect private tenants during the coronavirus pandemic, the Government has temporarily made it harder for landlords to evict their tenants. If you cannot afford your rent because you are experiencing financial difficulty due to coronavirus, landlords in Brent are being advised to work with you to reach a suitable agreement.
If you are a private tenant, and are being threatened with eviction by you landlord, call:
- Brent Tenancy Protection Service, on: 0808 239 1099
Repairs and maintenance
To protect you and your landlord, by reducing social contact, you should only expect your landlord to make essential repairs at the present time.
- Resolving problems with water supply
- Safe electricity and gas supplies
- Fire safety
- Heating and hot water
- Pest control
- Works to windows and doors that may affect security.
If you are self-isolating, contractors carrying out essential work should follow the Government advice to protect you such as wearing full protective clothing.
If you have any questions or concerns, call:
- Brent's Private Housing team, on: 020 8937 2384 or email email@example.com