Brent Parent Carer Forum: Covid-19 support
Brent Parent Carer Forum is holding daytime and evening meetings over the next nine months to offer support, advice and friendship to parents and carers who have children and young people with SEND.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, these meetings will be held on Zoom until further notice, and details of topics and how to join the sessions will be sent out beforehand.
The meetings are an ideal opportunity for parents to get advice and information about education, health and social care services and to share any issues they might be facing as a result of coronavirus.
Daytime meetings 11am to 12 noon
- Thursday 17 September 2020
- Tuesday 13 October 2020
- Thursday 12 November 2020
- Tuesday 8 December 2020
- Thursday 14 January 2021
- Tuesday 9 February 2021
- Thursday 11 March 2021
- Tuesday 6 April 2021
- Thursday 13 May 2021
- Tuesday 8 June 2021
Evening meetings 7.30 to 8.30pm
- Tuesday 15 September 2020
- Thursday 19 November 2020
- Tuesday 19 January 2021
- Thursday 18 March 2021
- Tuesday 18 May 2020
- Thursday 15 July 2021
After each meeting, one-to-one appointment slots on Zoom will be available with Mirjan Dhamo, Service Manager for Brent Council’s Disabled Children and Young People’s Service (0-25). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in booking one.
Things to read
- Covid-19 vaccination: easy-read resources
- Covid-19 information pack for people with learning disabilities
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus guidance for the reopening of special schools
- Updated guidance for the safe use of suction at school for children with a tracheostomy who do not show symptoms of a CoVID-19
- How to access local emergency services during Coronavirus
- Charitable funding and grants
- Home learning resources