Guidance for clinically extremely vulnerable
This guidance is for everyone in England who has been identified as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV). If you are in this group, you will previously have received a letter from the NHS or from your GP telling you this. You may have been advised to shield in the past.
The government has announced new national COVID-19 lockdown which will be in place from 5 January 2021.
If you are CEV the government advice is to
- Stay at home as much as possible, although you can still go outside to exercise
- Continue with medical and NHS appointments unless these are cancelled
- Don’t go to work – although you should work from home if you can
- Avoid shops and pharmacies
Find out more about the guidance on protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19.
More people to be added to NHS shielded list (February 2021)
New research by the Chief Medical Officer has found more people who could be at risk of becoming seriously unwell from coronavirus. This is because of a combination of their individual characteristics and their underlying health conditions.
These people will be considered clinically extremely vulnerable and will be offered a vaccination more quickly. They are also being advised to stay at home as much as possible until 31 March 2021, except to exercise and attend health appointments – including vaccination appointments.
The NHS will be writing to all these people shortly to explain in more detail why they have been included in the high risk group and what support is available.
If you receive this letter, please follow the guidance and attend your vaccination appointment when this is offered to you.
The council will also contact you by text message or letter to ask if you need any support to help you while you stay at home and shield.
Priority supermarket delivery slots from seven major supermarkets are available for people who are CEV.
If you need any other help getting food, contact the NHS Volunteer Responder Service by going online or call 0808 196 3646.
If you have any other issues with accessing food please contact us and we will try to help.
If friends and family are not able to collect your prescriptions or medication for you, you should ask your local community pharmacy about getting this delivered for free.
Emergency help and support
If you are struggling and need extra help or know someone who does, you can call a number of services directly.
If you are struggling due to COVID-19, you may be able to receive some financial support
This is a difficult time, so it’s more important than ever that you look after your physical and mental wellbeing.
The Brent Mutual Aid network is made up of 20 Mutual Aid independent groups run by neighbours that connect, listen and support other neighbours.
Groups covering all of Brent have been working to provide practical support such as delivering food, medicine and other supplies to people who need to stay at home, as well as providing emotional support.
To speak to someone or get help, please contact your local Mutual Aid group using the details below:
- Alperton email@example.com 07860 123494
- Barnhill firstname.lastname@example.org 07498 219883
- Brondesbury Park email@example.com 020 8050 3929
- Dollis Hill firstname.lastname@example.org 0208 914 7891
- Dudden Hill email@example.com 07588 541399
- Fryent & Queensbury firstname.lastname@example.org 07721 233 050
- Harlesden email@example.com 07368 850301
- Kensal Green firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8638 8291
- Kenton email@example.com 07725 881428
- Kilburn firstname.lastname@example.org 020 3488 4916
- Mapesbury MapesburyMutualAid@gmail.com 020 8914 7950
- Northwick Park NorthwickPark.MutualAid@gmail.com 020 8050 1768
- Preston email@example.com 07725 881428
- Queens Park firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8050 3875
- Stonebridge email@example.com 07950 994411
- Sudbury firstname.lastname@example.org 07770 678714
- Tokyngton - Call Wembley Central, Alperton or Preston
- Welsh Harp email@example.com 0330 043 1787
- Wembley Central firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8050 1617
- Willesden Green email@example.com 07593 426959
Other Mutual Aid groups near you
- Alperton Community Support, 07464 982524 (Trupti Sangani)