Variants of concern
Public Health England has found COVID 19 variants of concern in some parts of Brent. To see if it has spread in the community and to help contain the virus, everyone aged 16 and over who lives or works in the affected areas is being asked to get tested.
The affected areas are:
- St Raphaels
- Wembley North
- Wembley West
- Alperton West
- Kensal Green
If you live or work in one of these areas, please do get tested by calling 020 8937 4440 or booking online at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The best way to protect yourself, your friends and family is to get vaccinated. It's as easy as 1,2,3.
- The Vaccine Bus will be out and about in the borough five days a week
- Pop-up clinics and GP sites are also available across the borough
- Or make use of the walk-in service at the mass vaccination site (Olympic Office Centre, 8 Fulton Rd, Wembley, HA9 0NU) open every day between 9am and 7pm
You can now book your NHS COVID-19 vaccination if you are any of the following
- Aged 25 and over
- At high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- Live or work in a care home
- Are a Health or social care worker
- Have a condition such as Asthma that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable - people who are offered a free NHS flu jab each winter)
- Have a learning disability
- Are the main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus.
Map of vaccination and testing centres in Brent
About the map
The red pins are locations where you can be tested if you have symptoms
The green pins are testing sites you can go if you do not have symptoms
The blue pins are locations where you can get vaccinated
The purple pins are GP surgeries where you can get vaccinated
This map is best viewed in a full window
Check your symptoms
To check your symptoms, visit nhs.uk/coronavirus
If your test is positive, it’ll be checked to see what strain of the virus you’ve been infected with.
If you test positive, you may be eligible for a £500 support payment if you are on a lower income and cannot go to work because you are self-isolating.
Please support friends, family members or neighbours who do not speak English as a first language by offering to translate this information for them or use our translation tool on our website.