Cyber Choices is a national programme designed to reduce cyber crime, including illegal hacking of computers and networks, denial of service and the writing, distribution or deployment of malware. These are offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
The programme has four main aims:
- Explain the difference between legal and illegal cyber activity.
- Encourage individuals to make informed choices in their use of technology.
- Deter and/or divert individuals from cyber crime.
- Promote legal and ethical cyber opportunities.
We do this by:
- giving presentations to large audiences
- attending events to raise awareness of the Computer Misuse Act and the consequences of breaching it
- telling people about interesting and legal ways to use and develop their cyber skills
We've created some resources that you can download to show some of the exciting opportunities available online to legally test and develop your cyber skills. Find information and resources on:
To find out more, please email the Cyber Choices team firstname.lastname@example.org