Reporting crime and harassment


Call 999 if it is a crime is happening now or if someone is in immediate danger.

Non-emergency incidents and issues

In non-emergency situations, you can report it online or contact the police on 101. You can call this number if, for example:

  • Your car has been stolen;
  • Your property has been damaged;
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood.

Or to:

  • Report a minor traffic collision.
  • Give the police information about crime in your area;
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry.

Report crime anonymously

You can make your report without giving your name or any other personal details

They cannot trace your call.

Domestic abuse

In an emergency, always call 999. Non- emergency call 101. If you cannot speak, Make Yourself Heard through the Silent Solution. If you cannot make voice calls, you can now contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone.

If you are experiencing domestic violence and would like to talk about it, or would like help with finding somewhere safe to stay, contact: 

24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.

If you are a young person needing support and advice contact Childline on 0800 1111.

If you are a male victim of domestic violence in need of support contact Men's Advice Line on freephone 0808 801 0327.


Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm on 07398 454898

Email on 

Advance is an independent, client-led charity for all of those living in Brent who have experienced domestic abuse (male and female, including teenagers) and their children.

Hate crime

You can report a hate crime whether you have been a victim, a witness, or you are reporting on behalf of someone else:

In an emergency - call 999 or 112 - If you cannot make voice calls, you can now contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone.

Contact the police - contact your local police force, either by telephone or by visiting your local police station. Details on how to contact your local police force can be found at

Report it online - You can report the hate crime or hate incident online

To find out more or get support visit our section on hate crime.

Your Safer Neighbourhoods Team

To talk to your local police about ongoing crime and anti-social behaviour issues, you can contact your police safer neighbourhoods team