Explore Harlesden tells you everything you need to know about living in or visiting the Harlesden area of Brent. Here, you’ll find out about local events and news, and all the facilities that you can use to make the most of the area. These include local places of worship, libraries, doctors’ surgeries, schools and sports clubs, and much more.
With the famous Jubilee Clock standing proud in the town centre, Harlesden has a rich history and a vibrant culture, and is known as the hub of reggae music in London. Chamberlayne Road and Harrow Road both bustle with activity day and night, and Kensal Green boasts a huge variety of shops and cafés to choose from. Take the time to explore Harlesden; it has a lot to offer. Read about the history of the area, the people, the buildings and more in our local history of Brent pages.
Harlesden community groups
Take an active role in making Brent a better, happier place to live and join our campaign.
Come along for advice and activities. Open every Wed and Thurs, 10am to 6pm Harlesden Library.
It's Time to Talk is our campaign to encourage discussion around difficult issues.
- Local residents get hands-on to make Brent's roads safer01/07/2016Road-safe residents donned high-vis jackets and learnt to use hand-held speed cameras as part of a scheme designed to deter drivers from speeding in Brent. On Thursday, a handful of safety-conscio…
- Changes to on-street parking in Brent agreed28/06/2016Changes to the way on-street parking permits in Controlled Parking Zones are managed in Brent have been agreed by Cabinet. In April and May of this year, a major public consultation took place to …
- It’s Time to Talk about hate crime27/06/2016Hate crime is the initial focus of a new series of public meetings which aim to tackle difficult issues in our community. Taking place on 21 July, the hate crime event is part of the Council's wid…
- Response to Mayor of London’s Review of Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation24/06/2016Councillor Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council, said: "We welcome the Mayor of London's review to ensure that the regeneration at Old Oak and Park Royal brings maximum benefits to this part of nort…
- Primary school pupils get to grips with recycling23/06/2016Last month, primary school children at a school in Brent spent the afternoon learning about the importance of recycling and keeping our streets clean and green. Pupils from Phoenix Arch School, …