If you’re interested in what’s happening in Cricklewood, Kilburn, Queens Park, Kensal Rise, Brondesbury Park or Mapesbury, take a look here. You’ll find out about local events and news, and all the facilities that you can use to make the most of the area. These include local places of worship, libraries, doctors’ surgeries, schools and sports clubs, and much more.
Visit the bustling Queen's Park Farmers' Market on a Sunday for delicious, fresh produce or for a more tranquil time, pop along to the Mapesbury Dell – a hidden gem located between the houses of the Mapesbury Estate, which was formed by the local community. If you’re a theatre lover, make your way to the Tricycle Theatre on Kilburn High Road, for outstanding original productions. Take time to explore Kilburn; it has a lot to offer.
Read about the history of the area, the people, the buildings and more in our local history of Brent pages.
Take an active role in making Brent a better, happier place to live and join our campaign.
It's Time to Talk is our campaign to encourage discussion around difficult issues.
The regeneration of South Kilburn will take 10 to 15 years to complete.
- The first dementia garden in Brent opened on the weekend25/09/2018On Saturday 22 September, just one day after World Alzheimer’s Day, the Mayor of Brent, Councillor Arshad Mahmood was joined by local residents and councillors as he officially opened the first dement…
- Shamed 'super head' and bonus scandal colleagues face hefty bill after High Court ruling17/08/2018A FORMER head teacher, who arranged to pay himself a whopping £400,000 in one year, and former colleagues face paying back thousands of pounds they received unlawfully as part of a school bonuses scan…
- Notting Hill Carnival parking 201817/08/2018The Notting Hill Carnival will mainly be taking place on Sunday 26 August 2018 and Monday 27 August 2018. Although the event is held in the City of Westminster and the Royal Borough of Kensington and…
- Have your say on our Stronger Communities consultation15/08/2018Residents are being called on to have their say on how they want their local community to evolve in a new consultation launching this week. The Stronger Communities consultation sets out a range of k…
- Spurs to play next two home games at Wembley15/08/2018Tottenham Hotspur will play their next two Premier League home fixtures at Wembley Stadium, as the development of their new stadium is yet to be completed. A date has not been confirmed for the comp…