'Explore Wembley' tells you everything you need to know about living in or visiting the Wembley area of Brent.
With its iconic stadium and SSE arena, Wembley is famous all over the world, and for good reason too. Here, you’ll find out about local events and news, and all the facilities that you can use to make the most of the area. These include local places of worship, libraries, doctors’ surgeries, schools and sports clubs, and much more.
But it’s not just the stadium that makes Wembley special; the open spaces of Barham or King Edward VII Park are perfect for a family day out - with their fantastic sport and leisure facilities, there’s fun for all the family.
Make sure to take advantage of the excellent shopping facilities Wembley has to offer too; from bagging a designer bargain at the LDO, to kitting your home out in Ikea, or getting some of the freshest fruit and veg on Ealing Road.
And because shopping is sometimes hard work, don’t forget to stop in at one of the many cafés and restaurants for a bite to eat too.
Read about the history of the area, the people, the buildings and more in our local history of Brent pages.
Take an active role in making Brent a better, happier place to live and join our campaign.
It's Time to Talk is our campaign to encourage discussion around difficult issues.
Wembley is one of the largest regeneration projects in the UK.
View our document on car parking charges for Wembley and Ealing road car parks.
- Local residents get hands-on to make Brent's roads safer01/07/2016Road-safe residents donned high-vis jackets and learnt to use hand-held speed cameras as part of a scheme designed to deter drivers from speeding in Brent. On Thursday, a handful of safety-conscio…
- Changes to on-street parking in Brent agreed28/06/2016Changes to the way on-street parking permits in Controlled Parking Zones are managed in Brent have been agreed by Cabinet. In April and May of this year, a major public consultation took place to …
- It’s Time to Talk about hate crime27/06/2016Hate crime is the initial focus of a new series of public meetings which aim to tackle difficult issues in our community. Taking place on 21 July, the hate crime event is part of the Council's wid…
- High street goes digital to help boost Brent economy22/06/2016Wembley High Road is set to go digital. The high street business owners have now gained the skills to promote themselves online with confidence. Twenty businesses on Wembley High Road and the Tr…
- Brent’s Beacon for Her Majesty the Queen22/04/2016An event took place in Brent last night (21 April 2016) to mark the Queen's 90th birthday with a beacon lighting ceremony. It was one of more than a thousand beacons lit across the country yesterd…