Community Clean-Ups and Skips
We’re working with the community to take on unsightly litter and illegal rubbish dumps.
Will you take a stand with us and show your area some love?
Our Neighbourhood Managers organise a rolling programme of Community Clean-Ups, in partnership with local resident groups and Veolia.
Join local people like you and get involved with an upcoming Community Clean-Up.
We can arrange for litter picking equipment, gloves and bin bags to be ready at the meeting point, as well as for someone to collect the bags afterwards.
Due to COVID-19, we are encouraging residents to consider organising their own small socially-distanced litter picks. September is the month of the Great British September Clean, organised nationally by Keep Britain Tidy.
We can help with litter pickers, bags and other support. Email email@example.com to arrange for Veolia to drop off free litter picking equipment, and to pick up your bags of waste afterwards.
Remember to recycle items where you can, and always follow the latest government guidelines.
The Community Skip is back on tour!
In honour of the Great British September Clean, happening over the month of September, the Community Skip will be touring the borough and stopping in every ward.
Drop up to five bulky items free of charge, with proof of a Brent address. Representatives from Veolia will join the council’s Neighbourhood Managers to help sort items and ensure they are recycled and reused wherever possible.
To ensure everyone can maintain social distancing, you may be asked to queue. Hand sanitiser will be available.
Dates and locations are as follows. Please note that events may be cancelled or postponed at short notice. We advise that you check back. Restrictions apply, please see below.
- 11th September 2020, 10am-midday, Bramshill Open Space (Harlesden)
- 11th September 2020, 10am-midday, Elmstead Avenue junction Preston Road (Preston)
- 12th September 2020, 8am-10am, Townsend Lane (Fryent)
- 12th September 2020, 10am-midday, Woodside Avenue near junction Woodside Close (Alperton)
- 14th September 2020, 10am-midday, Tubbs Road outside the Pocket Park (Kensal Green)
- 15th September 2020, 10am-midday, Henderson Close (Stonebridge)
- 16th September 2020, 10am-midday, St Gabriels Road near the junction of Walm Lane (Mapesbury)
- 17th September 2020, 10am-midday, Chalkhill Road (Barnhill)
- 18th September 2020, 10am-midday, Gooseacre Lane (Kenton)
- 18th September 2020, 8am-10am, Peel Road Ada Road (Northwick)
- 19th September 2020, 9am-11am, Queensbury Parade junction with Winchester Ave (Queensbury)
- 19th September 2020, 8am-10am, Chaplin Road near junction with Farm Lane (Sudbury)
- 19th September 2020, 10am-midday, Burton Road near Waterloo Passage (Kilburn)
- 22nd September 2020, 2-4pm, Quainton Street (Welsh Harp)
- 23rd September 2020, 10am-midday, Christchurch Avenue near junction of Chatsworth Road (Brondesbury)
- 23rd September 2020, 2-4pm, Cooper Road (Dudden Hill)
- 24th September 2020, 2-4pm, Randall Avenue (Dollis Hill)
- 25th September 2020, 2-4pm, St Pauls Ave (Willesden Green)
- 25th September 2020, 10am-midday, Monks Park between the shopping parade service roads (Tokyngton)
- 26th September 2020, 10am-midday, Kingswood Avenue junction of Harvist Road (Queens Park)
- 26th September 2020, 8am-10am, Rosemead Ave close to number 20 (Wembley)
- LOVE Sudbury – 2 Nov 2019, Sudbury Avenue near Rustic Place.
- LOVE Mapesbury – 10 August 2018, Temple Road.
- LOVE Alperton – 24 August 2019, The Grange.
- LOVE Wembley – 7 September 2019, Bowrons Avenue o/s One Tree Hill.
- LOVE Kilburn – 21 September 2019, Burton Road near Waterloo Passage.
- LOVE Stonebridge – 28 Sep 2019, Fawood Avenue.
- LOVE Dudden Hill – 7 December 2019, Denzil Road.
- LOVE Kensal Green – 15 December 2019, Wrottesley Road.
- LOVE Queensbury – Eaton Grove, 8 February 2020
- LOVE Welsh Harp – Braemar Avenue, 8 February 2020
- LOVE Northwick Park – The Green, 7th March 2020
Community Skip Rules
- The community skip is for Brent residents only. Each household can drop off up to five bulky items or five black bags (or a mixture of both) and will need to show one form of identification to prove they live in Brent (e.g. driver’s licence, council tax or utility bill)
- We are unable to accept: Asbestos, Car tyres, Fridges / freezers, Oil / oil drums or Paint cans
- No trade waste
- You must be able to load your own waste into the skip and do so at your own risk.