Community Clean-Ups and Skips
We’re working with communities around Brent to take on unsightly litter and illegal rubbish dumps.
Will you take a stand with us and show your area some love?
Brent's Neighbourhood Managers organise a rolling programme of Community Clean-Ups, in partnership with local resident groups and Veolia.
Join local people like you and get involved with an upcoming Community Clean-Up.
We can arrange for litter picking equipment, gloves and bin bags to be ready at the meeting point, as well as for someone to collect the bags afterwards.
Community Clean-Ups - COVID-19 update
Due to COVID-19, we encourage residents to consider organising their own small socially-distanced litter picks.
We can help with litter pickers, bags and other support. Email email@example.com to arrange for Veolia to drop off free litter picking equipment, and to pick up your bags of waste afterwards.
Remember to recycle items where you can, and always follow the latest government guidelines.
Stay tuned for more Community Skip dates
In honour of the Great British September Clean, the Community Skip embarked on a tour of all 21 wards in Brent.
Residents were able to drop up to five bulky items free of charge, with proof of a Brent address. Representatives from Veolia joined the council’s Neighbourhood Managers to help sort items and ensure they are recycled and reused wherever possible.
One final event is due to take place:
Wednesday 21 October, 10am-12 noon at “The Circle”, Neasden NW2
Further dates and locations will be advertised on this page. Please note that events may be cancelled or postponed at short notice. We advise that you check back.
Restrictions apply, please see below.
- LOVE Sudbury – 2 Nov 2019, Sudbury Avenue near Rustic Place.
- LOVE Mapesbury – 10 August 2018, Temple Road.
- LOVE Alperton – 24 August 2019, The Grange.
- LOVE Wembley – 7 September 2019, Bowrons Avenue o/s One Tree Hill.
- LOVE Kilburn – 21 September 2019, Burton Road near Waterloo Passage.
- LOVE Stonebridge – 28 Sep 2019, Fawood Avenue.
- LOVE Dudden Hill – 7 December 2019, Denzil Road.
- LOVE Kensal Green – 15 December 2019, Wrottesley Road.
- LOVE Queensbury – Eaton Grove, 8 February 2020
- LOVE Welsh Harp – Braemar Avenue, 8 February 2020
- LOVE Northwick Park – The Green, 7th March 2020
- LOVE Harlesden - 11th September 2020, 10am-midday, Bramshill Open Space
- LOVE Preston - 11th September 2020, 10am-midday, Elmstead Avenue junction Preston Road
- LOVE Fryent - 12th September 2020, 8am-10am, Townsend Lane
- LOVE Alperton - 12th September 2020, 10am-midday, Woodside Avenue near junction Woodside Close
- LOVE Kensal Green - 14th September 2020, 10am-midday, Tubbs Road outside the Pocket Park
- LOVE Stonebridge - 15th September 2020, 10am-midday, Henderson Close
- LOVE Mapesbury - 16th September 2020, 10am-midday, St Gabriels Road near the junction of Walm Lane
- LOVE Barnhill - 17th September 2020, 10am-midday, Chalkhill Road
- LOVE Kenton - 18th September 2020, 10am-midday, Gooseacre Lane
- LOVE Northwick - 18th September 2020, 8am-10am, Peel Road Ada Road
- LOVE Queensbury - 19th September 2020, 9am-11am, Queensbury Parade junction with Winchester Ave
- LOVE Sudbury - 19th September 2020, 8am-10am, Chaplin Road near junction with Farm Lane
- LOVE Kilburn - 19th September 2020, 10am-midday, Burton Road near Waterloo Passage
- LOVE Welsh Harp - 22nd September 2020, 2-4pm, Quainton Street
- LOVE Brondesbury - 23rd September 2020, 10am-midday, Christchurch Avenue near junction of Chatsworth Road
- LOVE Dudden Hill - 23rd September 2020, 2-4pm, Cooper Road
- LOVE Dollis Hill - 24th September 2020, 2-4pm, Randall Avenue
- LOVE Willesden Green - 25th September 2020, 2-4pm, St Pauls Ave
- LOVE Tokyngton - 25th September 2020, 10am-midday, Monks Park between the shopping parade service roads
- LOVE Queens Park - 26th September 2020, 10am-midday, Kingswood Avenue junction of Harvist Road
- LOVE Wembley - 26th September 2020, 8am-10am, Rosemead Avenue
Community Skip Rules
- The community skip is for Brent residents only. Each household can drop off up to five bulky items or five black bags (or a mixture of both) and will need to show one form of identification to prove they live in Brent (e.g. driver’s licence, council tax or utility bill)
- We are unable to accept: Asbestos, Car tyres, Fridges / freezers, Oil / oil drums or Paint cans
- No trade waste
- You must be able to load your own waste into the skip and do so at your own risk.