Community Clean-Ups and Skips
We’re working with the community to take on unsightly litter and illegal rubbish dumps.
Will you take a stand with us and show your area some love?
Our Neighbourhood Managers organise a rolling programme of Community Clean-Ups, in partnership with local resident groups and Veolia.
Neighbourhood Managers arrange for litter picking equipment, gloves and bin bags to be ready at the meeting point, as well as for someone to collect the bags afterwards.
What's more, the Community Skip is back, and it’s helping to make Brent cleaner and greener! Following a successful trial last year, the Community Skip will be popping up at selected Clean-Ups. Restrictions apply, please see below.
Join local people like you and get involved with an upcoming Community Clean-Up:
- LOVE Queensbury – Eaton Grove, 8 February 2020
- LOVE Welsh Harp – Braemar Avenue, 8 February 2020
- LOVE Northwick Park – The Green, 7th March 2020
- LOVE Mapesbury – Dawlish Road, 14 March 2020
- LOVE Harlesden – Tubbs Road (junction with Nightingale), 21 March 2020
- LOVE Preston – Carlton Avenue East, 2nd May 2020
- LOVE Kenton – Gooseacre Lane, 16 May 2020
- LOVE Willesden Green – Chapter Road, 16 May 2020
- LOVE Queens Park – Harvist Road, 20 June 2020
- LOVE Sudbury – 2 Nov 2019, Sudbury Avenue near Rustic Place.
- LOVE Mapesbury – 10 August 2018, Temple Road.
- LOVE Alperton – 24 August 2019, The Grange.
- LOVE Wembley – 7 September 2019, Bowrons Avenue o/s One Tree Hill.
- LOVE Kilburn – 21 September 2019, Burton Road near Waterloo Passage.
- LOVE Stonebridge – 28 Sep 2019, Fawood Avenue.
- LOVE Dudden Hill – 7 December 2019, Denzil Road.
- LOVE Kensal Green – 15 December 2019, Wrottesley Road.
If you can’t see a Clean-Up near you, don’t panic. Some events aren’t confirmed until nearer the time, so please check back later. Alternatively, why not suggest a location for a future Clean-Up or organise your own? We can provide advice and support with litter picking equipment.
Community Skip Rules
- The community skip is for Brent residents only. Each household can drop off up to five bulky items or five black bags (or a mixture of both) and will need to show one form of identification to prove they live in Brent (e.g. driver’s licence, council tax or utility bill)
- We are unable to accept: Asbestos, Car tyres, Fridges / freezers, Oil / oil drums or Paint cans
- No trade waste
- You must be able to load your own waste into the skip and do so at your own risk.