Residents’ Ballot

There is going to be a residents’ ballot in South Kilburn. This is to make sure that you support our plans to continue the award-winning regeneration of the estate. 

If you are eligible to vote, you will receive a voting pack in the post from Electoral Reform Services (ERS), who are managing the ballot, by Friday 20 September. You can then cast your vote straight away by post, online or telephone.

The voting period will last for three weeks, with all votes having to be received by 5pm on Monday 14 October. ERS will notify you of the outcome by post by Monday 21 October.

The guidelines on who can vote are set by the Greater London Authority. You can vote if you have lived in one of the blocks below for at least 12 months and are one of the following:

  • An existing lead council tenant, or household in temporary accommodation
  • A resident leaseholder
  • Aged 16 or over and have also been on the housing waiting list for at least 12 months.

Blocks that are part of the South Kilburn regeneration programme:

  • Austen House
  • Blake Court
  • Carlton House 113 – 128
  • Carlton House 97 – 112
  • Craik Court
  • Crone Court
  • Dickens House
  • Exeter Court
  • Hereford House
  • John Ratcliffe House
  • Masefield House
  • Neville House
  • William Dunbar House
  • William Saville House
  • Winterleys
  • Wordsworth House
  • Zangwill House

Why vote yes?

The current plans were developed alongside you, and are the best way of making sure that you get home modern, comfortable home that you deserve. The plans will also improve the neighbourhood as a whole, with new community facilities, health centre plus new parks and open spaces.

If you are a council tenant, or live in temporary accommodation, you will be offered a brand new high quality home in South Kilburn, or elsewhere if you prefer, that is the same size or bigger than your current property.  You will also receive £6,400 as a home loss payment plus all your moving expenses paid for.

More information for council tenants and households in temporary accommodation 

If you are a resident leaseholder, you will receive market value for your property plus a 10% home loss payment and all your moving fees and expenses paid. You can stay living in South Kilburn, if you choose to, through shared equity, shared ownership or existing council property swap.

More information for leaseholders

Get in touch

Got a question? Come along to one of our weekly drop in sessions or email

You can also get independent free advice from Communities First. Contact Louis or Peter on FREEPHONE 0300 365 7150 or by emailing