The South Kilburn Programme is a fifteen year programme that is almost half way through. It aims to transform the area into a sustainable and mixed neighbourhood and create a real sense of place and belonging.
The Masterplan aims to deliver the following:
- 2,400 new high quality homes of which around 1,200 will be made available to existing South Kilburn existing secure tenants
- A new larger high quality urban park and improved public realm
- A new primary school and health facilities
- New retail facilities
- Improved environmental standards and a site-wide energy solution
Phase 1a, Phase 1b and Phase 2a (Complete)
The regeneration of South Kilburn is approximately half way through and is taking place in phases. The first Phase and Phase 2a of the South Kilburn regeneration programme is now complete. A total of 1,073 new homes have been delivered and 639 (60%) of these homes were made available for existing secure tenants of South Kilburn.
Phase 3a/Phase 3b
The next schemes to be delivered will be on the sites of the existing:
- Chippenham Gardens (Phase 3a) - will see the delivery of 52 new high quality homes of which 22 new homes are affordable
- Gloucester House and Durham Court (Phase 3a) – currently on site been delivered by Telford homes and will see the delivery of 235 new high quality homes of which 102 are affordable with the first homes expected in 2020.
- Peel (Split into Phases 3a/3b) Countryside has been chosen as the development partner along with Housing Association, Home Group, to work on this scheme which will see the Peel site flats and maisonettes, shops and temporary studio site replaced. This is due to include 308 new homes, a health centre, gym and new shops
- Queens Park/Cullen House (Split into two Phases 3a/3b) will see the delivery of 137 new high quality homes of which 39 are affordable
The Council has reviewed the composition of secure tenants in the existing blocks and the phasing represents the best decant fit and timescale. This is given the constraints regarding the need to provide new provision on the Estate for existing secure tenants.
However where opportunities arise to move secure tenants out of sequence into any surplus properties the following will be taken into account, the building condition and resident needs.
View further information on the Decant strategy.