Phase 3a/3b - Redevelopment of Peel
The redevelopment site comprising of Peel Precinct, 97-112 Carlton House, 8-14 Neville Close, 2A Canterbury Road and Peel site garages forms part of phase 3 of the South Kilburn regeneration programme. The redevelopment site is often referred to as ‘Peel’.
The scheme has been designed by award winning architects Penoyre & Prasad architects and has been taken forward by Child Graddon Lewis Architects. The scheme has already won awards, including the Future Project category at the Place West London Awards in May 2017, and Best Practice at the New London Architecture awards in May 2019.
Countryside, one of the UK's leading home builders specialising in placemaking and regeneration, has been chosen as development partner, along with one of the UK's largest housing associations, Home Group, to deliver the Peel.
What will Peel deliver:
The Peel site, as per its current planning permission, includes:
- 42 affordable homes for existing secure South Kilburn Council tenants
- Up to 184 private sale homes
- A new health centre with flexible first floor space
- Three retail units at ground floor – anticipated for pharmacy, café and retail use
- Highways and Public Realm improvements including a new public space in front of the Health Centre
Countryside are working to submit a new planning application for:
- 308 homes – which will continue to include the 42 affordable homes for existing secure South Kilburn Council tenants, and is to also include 79 shared ownership homes
- There will also be a Health & Wellbeing Hub featuring the health centre and now due to include a gym, an array of shops and a new market square.
- The development will have a strong social value offer which will tie in with the wider South Kilburn regeneration.
What will happen next
The first phase which will have 38 affordable homes for existing secure South Kilburn Council tenants, will be started Summer 2019, and due to complete late 2020. The whole scheme will build out in phases and is expected to complete in 2025.
The Council will continue to acquire properties on the Peel site that it requires for the redevelopment.
As part of the South Kilburn Regeneration Decant Strategy existing secure tenants from Peel, Neville Close and 97-112 Carlton House are expected to be rehoused within the new development.
From the summer of 2019, you will see some early works happening on the site.
The above dates are indicative and subject to change as part of the redevelopment process. The Council is committed to delivering an accessible and varied range of social value and employment initiative for local residents as part of each development. Countryside is also committed to working in partnership with Brent Works to make opportunities available to local people through apprenticeships, trainee programmes and work experience placements.
More information on the ‘Peel’ scheme, social value opportunities, employment and training opportunities will be made available soon.
For further information contact ERSK@brent.gov.uk
At the Place West London Awards on the 9 May 2017, the Peel Development Site won the Future Project category.