We want St Raphael’s Estate to be a great place to live. We also want to create more good quality, affordable homes for local people. So we need to think carefully about the future of the estate, bringing together residents, businesses, stakeholders and industry experts to decide the best ways to do this.
Our priorities are to:
- Create more good quality, affordable homes to reduce homelessness and shorten the waiting list for council housing
- Make sure every family has a good home that is the right size for them
- Provide good quality parks and open spaces
- Make the neighbourhood safer
- Reduce environmental issues.
We are committed to working with the local community to make a real and long-lasting difference in people’s lives.
Listening to you
We are committed to ensuring that the development of options for the Future St Raph’s is led by the community. This means we will work with residents, local businesses, homeowners and stakeholders at every step.
Since December 2018, we have held public meetings, drop in sessions, workshops and a community day. We have also been door knocking on the estate, speaking to as many people as possible.
After every community event, workshop and exhibition the design team will collect and analyse the feedback to consider how they can incorporate your thoughts into the development of design proposals. This feedback was used to create a set of community design priorities for the Future St Raph's.