We want St Raphael’s Estate to be a great place to live. We also want to create more good quality, affordable homes for local people. So we need to think carefully about the future of the estate, bringing together residents, businesses, stakeholders and industry experts to decide the best ways to do this.
Our priorities are to:
- Create more good quality, affordable homes to reduce homelessness and shorten the waiting list for council housing
- Make sure every family has a good home that is the right size for them
- Provide good quality parks and open spaces
- Make the neighbourhood safer
- Reduce environmental issues.
We are committed to working with the local community to make a real and long lasting difference to people’s lives. Depending which approach is chosen by the community, new homes could also help to pay for improvements to the estate and create better connections and transport links with the rest of the borough. Doing nothing isn’t an option.
Watch George the Poet's film
When award-winning spoken word artist George the Poet found out that his childhood estate was changing, he made a short film about the process and how you can influence it.