We want you to get involved and have your say about the future of St Raphael’s. During summer 2019 we will be running a series of events/workshops/training sessions which will give you opportunities to get to know the architects and learn about the process to create future options for the estate. Please come along to as many events as you can.
- Architect Selection – Tell us your views, Saturday 15 June 11am – 3pm
- Meet the Team – Thursday 18 July, 2pm-7pm
- Estate Walk and Talks (dates to be confirmed)
- Community Day (date to be confirmed)
- Public Exhibition (date to be confirmed)
Independent Advisor - PPCR
Earlier this year, the council and St Raphael’s residents jointly appointed Public Participation Consultation and Research (PPCR) as Independent Advisor for the St Raphael’s project.
Quick facts about PPCR:
- Established social housing consultancy and research business
- Will work with the community to provide another formal way for local people’s voices to be heard
- Although paid for by the Council, PPCR works independently. The advice provided to residents, business and homeowners is based on policy and best practice
- Long and successful record of helping organisations involve local people in decisions that affect their quality of life - making their homes and communities better places to live.
PPCR will hold training sessions for the whole community at Henderson House during summer 2019:
- Demystifying Development – busting common myths about redevelopment, Tuesday 18 June at 2pm-4pm or 6pm-8pm
- Influencing Design – the stages the architects will work through, and how you can have your input, Tuesday 16 July at 2pm-4pm or 6-8pm
You must book ahead to attend these events. To book, or get to get in touch with PPCR about any other matter, please email email@example.com or free phone 0800 317066.
PPCR are setting up a Tenant/Resident/Stakeholder Board. The Board will represent residents and local stakeholders, and make sure that local people are involved in conversations and decisions along the process to create options for the future of estate. Elections for Board representatives will take place in June 2019.