Past Meetings and Events
Since December 2018, we have held a number of meetings with residents to discuss the future of St Raphael’s. You can see notes from the meetings below:
- 31 August 2019 Community Day - Brent Council, Karakusevic Carson Architects and Independent Advisers PPCR held a Community Day for St Raph's residents. The event included fun and free activities for families. Karakusevic Carson presented the proposed timeline, consultation feedback and next steps. View exhibition boards from the event
- 18 July 2019 Meet the Team - Brent Council, Karakusevic Carson architects and St Raphael's Voice, your resident and stakeholder board, held a Meet the Team event attended by 102 local residents. Members of St Raphael's Voice led three walks around the estate, where residents and the design team talked about the existing conditions and future aspirations for the estate. View a summary of the event
- 16 July 2019 Influencing Design workshop - Independent Advisors PPCR presented a workshop to look at why St Raphael's is being considered for development and what residents can expect to see, and be involved in, over the coming year. The workshop also looked at the role of the architects within the design process, and how and where residents can be involved. View presentation slides from the workshop
- 18 June 2019 Demystifying Development workshop - Independent Advisers PPCR presented a workshop to break down some of the myths around development, and to explore what could be delivered on St Raphael's. PPCR also informed residents about how they could affect outcomes and influence decisions. View presentation slides from the workshop.
- 15 June 2019 Architect Selection - In line with Brent Council's commitment to a community led approach the two bidding architects presented their previous experience and discussed with residents how they would engage and involve them in the development of the future plans. At the end of the event residents were asked to give feedback on each of the architects. View notes.
- 5 March 2019 Bidders presentation - Session where two bidders gave presentations and were asked seven questions each, which you designed and agreed. You also chose your Independent Advisor PPCR who will provide independent advice to you over the coming months.
View presentation slides from the 5 March session.
- 18 January 2019 Resident meeting - Discussion meeting about the recruitment process for the Independent Advisor for St. Raphael’s. View notes
- 16 December 2018 Resident meeting - Event at the Children's Centre as requested in the previous meeting. View notes
- 8 December 2018 Resident meeting
- Summer 2018 - Your Shout community engagement event - View details of the engagement and report