Since December 2018, we have held meetings, workshops, training sessions and community events with residents to discuss the future of St Raphael’s. This page contains a record of all events held so far.
- March 2020 Pubic Exhibition 3 - Your design team held three exhibitions to present three options for infill development and three options for redevelopment, for residents to provide feedback on. The options were based on scenarios and ideas from three visioning workshops held previously in October 2019, November 2019 and January 2020.
- 15 February 2020 Youth Engagement Event - Around 180 people attended L.O.U.D. - an event designed by a team of youth event planners from St Raphael's, to encourage young people to have their say on the future of their community. The evening of music and visual art was headlined by award-winning spoken word artist George The Poet, who grew up on the estate, and included performances by up-and-coming local music talent and a photography exhibition. Young people also presented a list of their questions about the future of St Raphael's to Brent Council. The youth event planners spent six months planning the event alongside Beyond The Box Consultants. View a summary of the project
- January 2020 Redevelopment Co-design Workshops - Your design team held six co-design workshops, attended by 89 residents representing 84 households, focused on producing scenarios for redevelopment. View a summary of the event
- 14 January 2020 Study Trip 2 - Residents visited two developments, Bacton Estate in Camden and Great Eastern Buildings in Hackney, to learn more about infill development and redevelopment. The visit was organised by Karakusevic Carson Architects. View a summary of the event and information about both schemes
- November 2019 Infill Development Co-design Workshops - Your design team held five workshops attended by 89 residents. The workshops explored how infill development could benefit existing residents, while also providing new council homes to help the affordable housing crisis in Brent. View a summary of the event
- 17 & 24 October 2019 Resident Charter Workshops - Your independent advisor PPCR held two workshops attended by 60 residents. PPCR explained the importance of resident influence on non-design aspects of the masterplanning process, and how the Resident Charter would define expectations for an improved estate. View presentation slides and a summary of the key outcomes
- October 2019 Co-design Workshops - Karakusevic Carson Architects held five 'visioning' workshops for residents in October 2019. The workshops explored opportunities for improvement, helping to create a vision for the future neighbourhood. In total, 63 residents attended the workshops. View a summary of the event
- 21 September 2019 Study Trip - Karakusevic Carson Architects organised a study trip for residents of St Raphael's Estate. 24 residents visited the Colville Estate, which is undergoing complete redevelopment, and Kings Crescent, which is undergoing infill development. View a summary of the event
- 31 August 2019 Community Day - Brent Council, Karakusevic Carson Architects and Independent Advisers PPCR held a Community Day for St Raph's residents. The event included fun and free activities for families. Karakusevic Carson presented the proposed timeline, consultation feedback and next steps. View exhibition boards from the event
- 18 July 2019 Meet the Team - Brent Council, Karakusevic Carson architects and St Raphael's Voice, your resident and stakeholder board, held a Meet the Team event attended by 102 local residents. Members of St Raphael's Voice led three walks around the estate, where residents and the design team talked about the existing conditions and future aspirations for the estate. View a summary of the event
- 16 July 2019 Influencing Design workshop - Independent Advisors PPCR presented a workshop to look at why St Raphael's is being considered for development and what residents can expect to see, and be involved in, over the coming year. The workshop also looked at the role of the architects within the design process, and how and where residents can be involved. View presentation slides from the workshop
- 18 June 2019 Demystifying Development workshop - Independent Advisers PPCR presented a workshop to break down some of the myths around development, and to explore what could be delivered on St Raphael's. PPCR also informed residents about how they could affect outcomes and influence decisions. View presentation slides from the workshop.
- 15 June 2019 Architect Selection - In line with Brent Council's commitment to a community led approach the two bidding architects presented their previous experience and discussed with residents how they would engage and involve them in the development of the future plans. At the end of the event residents were asked to give feedback on each of the architects. View notes.
- 5 March 2019 Bidders presentation - Session where two bidders gave presentations and were asked seven questions each, which you designed and agreed. You also chose your Independent Advisor PPCR who will provide independent advice to you over the coming months.
View presentation slides from the 5 March session.
- 18 January 2019 Resident meeting - Discussion meeting about the recruitment process for the Independent Advisor for St. Raphael’s. View notes
- 16 December 2018 Resident meeting - Event at the Children's Centre as requested in the previous meeting. View notes
- 8 December 2018 Resident meeting
- Summer 2018 - Your Shout community engagement event - View details of the engagement and report