Brent Community Champions Awards 2013
In May the outgoing Mayor of Brent, Cllr Michael Adeyeye, presented certificates to the 19 Brent Community Champions at the Council's Annual Meeting and Mayor Making ceremony.
Each of these individuals were nominated by those who have benefited from their support and have had to meet criteria in order to be considered. This includes going significantly beyond their expected involvement in community projects, overcoming barriers to their voluntary work such as disability and family commitments and encouraging different groups to work together.
View the 2013 Winners
- See Flickr slideshow of the 19 winners and their nominations - Scroll down or click 'show info' to see why they were nominated.
List of nominees and organisations below:
- Ann Ring, Brent Neighbourhood Watch
- Anne Olie Welsh, Sickle Cell Society
- Bernard Fitzpatrick, The Campbell Gordon Way Community
- Brian Sharp, Wembley and Sudbury Tennis Club
- Easmon Lavaly, Age UK
- Ghazal Pakzad, Worked closely with Cricklewood Homeless Concern, Salvation Army and other agencies to resettle homeless people
- Hafsa Mohamed, Somali Community
- Jane Franklin, Help Somalia Foundation
- Judy Edwards, Mayhew Animal Home
- Kailash Thobhani, Ravi Randhal Gaytri Mandal
- Karma Gyalbo Lama, Tamang Samaj UK
- Kaushik I Patel, Mandhata Youth and Community Association
- Michael Fay, Madhatters Theatre Club
- Michelle Lawrence, Brent Foodbank
- Muna Abdi Amin, Help Somalia Foundation
- Sheila Perry, Groves Tenants and Residents Association
- Stephen Chamberlain, Chair of the CNWL NHS Mental Health Foundation
- Sue Kayser, Is Chair of North West London 'Magistrates in the Community Scheme'
- Tom Doyle, Leader of the 28th Willesden Scout Group