Diversity in Brent
We are proud that Brent is one of the most diverse boroughs in the UK. To work effectively in such a diverse area, we need a good understanding of all our communities.
The equality characteristics have an important influence on the changing identities and needs of local people. We produce diversity profiles to help us understand the changing needs of our communities. These profiles provide an overview of the diversity of our service users and residents and will be used to:
- ensure best quality services that are appropriate for our local communities
- identify any gaps in service use or outcomes
- demonstrate where our services are working effectively
- check who could be affected by changes to policies or services
- measure the effects of the council’s decisions on local people.
View the Brent Open Data Portal and search 'diversity' to see the diversity profile for Brent, areas within Brent, results from surveys and the diversity of our service users.
Brent Council Independent Review: Racial Inequalities
Following the creation of Brent’s Black Community Action Plan, Brent Council commissioned the Local Government Association (LGA) to provide an independent review of racial inequalities in the borough. This review was undertaken in January 2021. The council welcomes the findings of this review.