Our equality objectives
Under the Equality Act 2010, we have a duty to develop and publish equality objectives and make sure that we can show how we can measure improvement over the next three to five years. We have set five equality and human rights objectives in order to achieve key equalities outcomes for those who live and work in Brent:
- To know and understand all our communities
- To involve our communities effectively
- To demonstrate leadership in equalities and human rights, both within the council and amongst partners, and organisational commitment to excellence
- To ensure that local public services are responsive to different needs and treat users with dignity and respect
- To develop and sustain a skilled and committed workforce able to meet the needs of all local people.
For more information about our equality objectives and how we implement these, read our Equality Strategy 2015/19.
- Annual progress update on Council’s equality objectives 2016-2017.
- Annual progress update on Council’s equality objectives 2015-2016.