How the council is organised
In the structure of the council, after the elected representatives, the council is organised into departments.
- Chief Executive’s Department which drives the core strategies, policies, financial planning and corporate performance for the whole council, making sure that we’re all pulling in the same direction for our residents.
- Children and Young People Department has the responsibility for improving outcomes and effectiveness of services for all of Brent's children, particularly the most vulnerable.
- Community Wellbeing Department brings together adult social care, housing, public health and cultural services, and will contribute to improve health and well-being outcomes for our residents, particularly better targeting resources towards support for vulnerable people.
- Regeneration, Growth and Environmental Services Department brings together all regeneration and environmental services including: planning, highways, licensing, community safety, employment and skills, public realm and regulatory services.
- Customer and Digital Services Department is responsible for the council’s customer services (including community hubs) and for driving forward digital and transformation programmes, aimed at making life easier for all of our residents to access and utilise our services.