Flood Risk Management Strategy
The Flood Risk Regulations 2009 introduced duties onto Local Lead Flood Authorities (LLFAs) including the requirement to prepare a flood risk strategy.
The flood risk strategy details actions the council and other key stakeholders are taking to manage flood risk in Brent, and has five objectives:
- improving the understanding of flooding risks in Brent
- reducing the risk of flooding for people and businesses in Brent
- providing clear information on the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved in flood risk management in Brent
- ensuring that emergency plans and responses to flood incidents in Brent are effective.
- to take a sustainable and holistic approach to flood management, seeking to deliver wider environmental and social benefits.
A consultation took place between 17 August and 23 September 2015 with key stakeholders including:
- local residents and businesses
- neighbouring boroughs
- Thames Water
- the Environment Agency.
The strategy was amended to take on board feedback provided during the consultation and was approved on 16 November 2015 by the Cabinet.