Make a children's social care complaint

If you are unhappy with the service we have provided or arranged, please tell us so we can try to sort things out.

You can complain if you're dissatisfied with our Children’s Social Care services and you are a:

  • child or young person in need, or in care
  • care leaver
  • parent or a person with parental responsibility
  • foster carer
  • person considered to have sufficient interest in a child’s or young person's welfare

Support help and advice

lf you need help making your complaint, you can ask a friend, family member, carer or someone you trust to talk to us on your behalf. Whoever acts on your behalf, will need to provide written consent from you before we undertake an investigation or report back our findings to them on your behalf. If you don’t know somebody who would be appropriate please speak to the Complaints Team who can help put you in touch with an advocate that can help

Make a complaint about children’s social care

You can make a complaint in My Account. It's quicker, you can monitor the progress of your complaints and view a history of previous cases.

Sign in to My account and submit a complaint

If you do not want to track the progress of your complaint or wish to remain anonymous:

Continue without signing in

If you include your contact details, we will respond to you and let you know the outcome of your complaint.

You can also make a complaint by:

  • emailing:
  • writing to: Complaints Team, Brent Council, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ
  • by phone: 0208 937 2444


Things to read

Related documents
Pdf 2.1MB
Updated: Feb 20, 2014, 04:10 PM
Pdf 174.7KB
Updated: Dec 18, 2014, 09:00 AM