Make an adult social care complaint

If you are unhappy with the service we have provided or arranged, please tell us so we can try to sort things out.

You can complain if you're dissatisfied with our Adult Social Care services if you are:

  • a person who receives or has received services
  • a person who is affected, or likely to be affected by our action, omission or decision
  • a person acting on behalf of a person described above who:
  • is unable to make the complaint themselves because of a lack of physical or mental capacity
  • has asked that person to act on their behalf
  • has died

Support help and advice

lf you need help making your complaint, you can ask a friend, family member, carer or advocate to talk to us on your behalf. They will need to provide evidence, in writing, of your consent before we undertake an investigation or report back our findings to them on your behalf. If you need an independent advocate to help you, there are a number of local or national organisations you can contact to ask for advice or help. Contact us, if you need help getting in touch with one of these organisations.

Contact us

If you are unhappy with the service you have received, speak to you care worker, team or the manager responsible for the service. They may be able to put things right so you don’t need to raise a complaint. When you contact us, we will try to resolve your enquiry to your satisfaction by the end of the next working day.

Contact us about Adult Social Care

Make a complaint about adult social care

We will always try to resolve your issue informally, at the first point of contact. If this is not the case, then you can raise a formal complaint.

You can make a complaint in My Account. It's quicker, you can monitor the progress of your complaints and view a history of previous cases.

Sign in to My account and submit a complaint

If you do not want to track the progress of your complaint or wish to remain anonymous:

Continue without signing in

If you include your contact details, we will respond to you and let you know the outcome of your complaint.

You can also make a complaint by:

  • emailing:
  • writing to: Complaints Team, Brent Council, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ
  • by phone: 0208 937 2444


Things to read