Making a complaint about children's social care services

Who can complain?

You can make a complaint if you are a:

  • child or young person in need, or in care
  • care leaver
  • parent or person with parental responsibility
  • foster carer
  • person considered to have sufficient interest in a child's or young person's welfare.

How to make the complaint

Fill out a complaint form


Alternatively you can contact us by email, phone, in person or by writing to us.

A manager will look into your complaint and may offer you a meeting to try to resolve matters. A written response will be sent to you.

Children and young people are entitled to an independent advocate to help them raise concerns or complaints about social care services. For further information please contact us.