What can my councillors do for me?

Your councillors can:

  • help you if you are dissatisfied with a council service by advising or directing you to someone who can help sort out your problem and can sometimes progress the case on your behalf
  • be visited at advice surgeries where you can discuss your problem or ideas to improve the ward and or borough
  • on some occasions make home visits or solve issues over the phone
  • as community leaders, put forward proposals to improve the ward they represent which may include bringing together different community groups to develop a case for change
  • support local partnerships and organisations
  • campaign on local issues
  • represent your community within the council and to other organisations