Play Worker Club Asst and Managers at Happy Days Clubs
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents and schools.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
About nursery/early years setting
An After School and Breakfast Club Facility where children are looked after before and after school.
Refreshments served and various activities are provided.
Applicant must have appropriate child protection training or willing to train towards this.
Assist with day to day activities of the club.
Provide quality play care within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
- Needs experience of working with 4 to11 year olds and some experience of working within a play-based setting
- Understanding the varied needs of children and their families
- Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality play care
- Understanding the issues of equal opportunities
- Provide and facilitate safe and creative play
- Good communication skills.
- Must be caring and possess a patient attitude towards children.
- Relevant qualification in Childcare or willingness to work towards Experience of administration.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn on the job.
- Sound judgement and common sense.
- Sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children.
IT Literate – to support play and club administration (training given)
Able to work on own initiative
Any extra information
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Food Hygiene Certificate (desirable)
- Able to be flexible in the work of the club
- Able to work at other clubs when necessary