Looking for a career change?
Excellent opportunities now exist in Local Government.
Brent Customer Services has a vacancies for Assessment Officers within its Customer Services Operations teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidates who enjoy a customer facing role, a varied work load and responding to in depth and often detailed enquiries.
Your role will involve you accurately determining customers’ entitlement to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, Concessionary Travel and complying with legislation, case law, guidance and council policy. You will deal with specialist areas of casework as required based on service priorities including but not limited to complaints and appeals, face to face cover in the Customer Service Centre, assessments and subsequent reconsiderations and appeals arising. The role will require you to liaise with other Council departments and often the Chief Executive’s Office to resolve incoming enquiries.
Escalla is working in partnership with Brent Council to develop enthusiastic and committed individuals looking for career progression within Local Government.
Do you have the following skills and experience?
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience of delivering customer focused advice
- Experience of dealing with customer complaints
- Strong and analytical numeracy skills
- The ability to effectively interpret a range of different legislation, guidance and policy and clearly explain the information to customers verbally or in writing
- The ability to understand and assimilate information, analyse conflicting sources of information and make sound reasoned decisions
- The ability to effectively Word, Excel, Outlook and use a range of IT systems and applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply for the position
If you have the skills, APPLY TODAY by sending your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will receive:
- A full time position
- A 12-month contract, with potential for a permanent contract (based on performance)
- Starting salary of £25,746 annum
- All roles will be based at Brent Council offices, located opposite Wembley Stadium.
You must be available on ALL of the following dates
- Assessment Day – 11 September 2018
- Training – 21 September 2018
- Training and test days – 25 September 2018-2 October 2018
- Final interviews – 3 October 2018
Please include a UK landline or mobile number with your application as all successful applicants will need to be available to participate in a telephone interview.
Please note, we will only respond to successful applicants.
Escalla is an equal opportunities employer.