Popular questions about Council Tax

Are you new to this Borough?

Before you click on register, you need to click on change of address. Put your new Brent address so a new account number can be generated which will than allow you to register.

Are you reporting a change of address from Brent to Brent?

Do not make a New Claim as this will be a Change of Circumstance. You will also need to activate your account using your old address. 

Are you helping someone to create My Account?

You must create the account using the main claimant’s name even if you are a partner, friend, support worker, non-dependant etc.

What do I need to register an account?

To register your Council Tax account you will need your first name, surname and account number, together with a security question form one of the following:

  • your postcode
  • your date of birth
  • your national insurance number
  • your bank account
  • your bank sort code

Are you having problems activating your My Account?

Make sure your name(s) are exactly as per the account you created with and also check your national insurance number, date of birth and address. If you are still having problems, Chat with us and we will look into the matter.

Cannot find your Council Tax account number?

You can find your CT account number on your council tax bill. The number will start with a '5' or '6'.

Have you forgotten your security question/answer?

Chat with us and we will reset this for you. 


Web chat