If you have care and support needs or know someone who finds it difficult to look after themselves, we may be able to provide support to you. To decide if we can help we will have a conversation with you and we may carry out a needs assessment.
We can give you information or advice on services options that can help you to live safe and well in the community. This may include:
- equipment like a walking frame or raised toilet seat
- how to get a personal alarm in case of falls at home
- community services
You will need to have a needs assessment before the council can recommend certain services or adaptations, such as:
- practical or personal help from a paid carer
- attending day centres or paid carer to access social activities
- moving to an extra care accommodation or a care home
- changes to your home such as a walk-in shower
How to request a needs assessment
The needs assessment is free and anyone can ask for one. You simply need to contact us. Use our online form, and select the Adult Social Care option that reflects your role.