Currently, there are no grant schemes being administered by Brent Council. If any funding for grants does become available in the future, these schemes will be advertised on this webpage and through our business e-newsletter.
However, there are a range of financing and funding opportunities with external organisations to help support your business.
If you are thinking of a loan, you will need to consider if you are eligible, how much you need to borrow and the repayment terms. Government backed loans are designed to help businesses to grow. They can be easier to access and to repay.
If you are thinking of a grant, you also still need to check whether you are eligible as they often come with a criterion and may require you to submit evidence with your application. With grants, you won’t need to pay them back however there may be some requirements that you need to follow once you have received the grant.
- Government-backed support and finance - find government-backed support and finance for business.
- Start Up Loans - Government scheme providing funding and support for individuals looking to start or grow a business in the UK.
- Better Business Finance - information about how to secure finance and the options available to you.
- Open4Community - Government and other funding schemes available to community and voluntary organisations in Brent.
- Culture and Community Spaces at Risk resources – List of funding opportunities available to organisations and businesses in the creative, cultural and community sectors from City Hall and external organisations
You can also contact the government’s Business Support Helpline for free advice through calls, email or on webchat.
VAT and Income Tax payment and support
Get support if you can’t pay your tax bills
All businesses and self-employed people in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, may be eligible to receive support with their tax affairs through HMRC’s Time To Pay service. Call HMRC’s helpline: Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm on 0800 024 1222.
HMRC also has a self-assessment Payment Helpline, available Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm on 0300 200 3822.