Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone, tablet or smart TV’s when you access a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently (i.e. for making improvements to the site, by allowing the website to recognise your device and store information about past actions or preferences).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies are essential and without them, parts of the site won’t work. As such, they can’t be switched off. They are the cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our site, set your privacy preferences or submit forms for example. These cookies do not store any personal information that can identify you.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise how visitors arrive at our site, count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information collected by these cookies collect aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies. These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages They are used to recognise you when you return to our site and can remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web page which you can customise. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites you visit. They do not store personal information, instead they uniquely identify your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking site such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
You can choose which cookies you would like to allow or block across our site by clicking on our Cookie Preference Centre.
You can also use your web browser to delete or block cookies and clear all cookies when you close your browser. You can also chose to open a ‘private’ or ‘incognito’ browser session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data.
Blocking cookies will not stop you from using our website, but we will be unable to capture information about your experience online and make improvements.
Controlling cookies in your browser
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information
- Internet Explorer cookies information
The cookies used across brent.gov.uk
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them through our:
Google Analytics uses its own cookies. Although Google Analytics places a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
Additionally, third-party widgets such as YouTube, Twitter or Flickr may install cookies depending on their configuration. You are not required to accept any cookies to use this site and opting out of these services will not stop you using our website.