Growing your business can be challenging. These resources can help you overcome obstacles and help your business thrive.
Growing your business
Getting support for your business
London Business Hub offers a range of programmes, events and resources to help grow your business. Most of the support is free. If there is a fee, it is normally at a reduced cost.
Whether you need help scaling up your business or improving your sales, you can receive tailored support from London Business Hub’s team of expert advisors. Eligible businesses can access up to 12 hours of free support.
Book an appointment with a London Business Hub Advisor.
You can also contact the government’s Business Support Helpline for free advice through calls, email or on webchat.
Digital skills are integral to making your business a success. From online marketing to build brand awareness and boost sales, to computer programmes and aps to streamline your everyday business operations. There are plenty of benefits to going digital and we’re here to support you on your journey:
- Brent Digital Skills Hub - Visit our hub in Wembley for free 121 help and support. From basic digital skills through to masterclasses in Microsoft programmes, our friendly team are on hand to support you and your employees.
- Springboard - SMEs can gain new digital skills anytime, anywhere with Springboard! The free platform has more than 220 courses, including coding and cyber-security training. Sign up now
- Digital Boost - Offers small businesses and charities free one-to-one mentoring and virtual masterclasses across a range of digital topics.
- Google Digital Garage - Free live webinar training designed to introduce businesses on digital topics such as social media strategy, online advertising, and data analytics.
Find a business network
There are many benefits to getting to know other local businesses. It is a great way of accessing opportunities to grow your business and to share knowledge and skills. You can build your network and increase your knowledge of opportunities by joining a local business network such as:
- Black Community Action Plan – Join the Black Community Action Plan’s mailing list for businesses and organisations by emailing email@example.com. Once you’ve joined this mailing list, you will be contacted with upcoming business opportunities and training when they arise.
- West London Business
- Federation of Small Business
Finance and funding
Accessing the right kind of finance is critical for any business.
If you are thinking of a loan, you will need to consider if you are eligible, how much you need to borrow and the repayment terms. Government backed loans are designed to help businesses to grow. They can be easier to access and to repay.
If you are thinking of a grant, you also still need to check whether you are eligible as they often come with a criterion and may require you to submit evidence with your application. With grants, you won’t need to pay them back however there may be some requirements that you need to follow once you have received the grant.
- Government-backed support and finance - find government-backed support and finance for business.
- Start Up Loans - Government scheme providing funding and support for individuals looking to start or grow a business in the UK.
- Better Business Finance - information about how to secure finance and the options available to you.
- Open4Community - Government and other funding schemes available to community and voluntary organisations in Brent.
- Innovate UK – Runs funding competitions to help start-ups and businesses to test ideas and develop innovative ideas and services.
- Culture and Community Spaces at Risk resources – List of funding opportunities available to organisations and businesses in the creative, cultural and community sectors from City Hall and external organisations