Ealing Road & Alperton (ERA) has been named as London’s newest Creative Enterprise Zone (CEZ) by the Mayor of London.
Creative Enterprise Zones are areas where additional support is provided to help local artists and creatives to put down roots and grow in their local area.
The ERA CEZ will build on the success of the thriving South Asian fashion and jewellery scene in Ealing Road, paired with the redevelopment of nearby Alperton, one of the biggest growth areas in Brent.
The ambitious three-year programme will encourage creative growth by:
- Implementing projects to inspire young people and local people who want to join creative industries
- Supporting bespoke education and skills development in the area’s unique creative sector: fashion and jewellery
- Creating opportunities, jobs, businesses and affordable workspaces for new entrepreneurs
- Investing in sustainable and local creative projects that support a local circular economy
- Expanding the creative network and promoting the area’s assets, culture and offer
- Planning for a resilient and thriving future
Help us shape this programme to support the growth and development of Brent’s Creative Industries! Share your ideas and have your say.