Work to redevelop NWCC is now underway. The site is made up of 1-8 Neville House, 1-64 Winterleys, 113-128 Carlton House and Carlton Hall forms part of phase 4 of the South Kilburn regeneration programme. The redevelopment site is often referred to as the ‘NWCC’ redevelopment site.
What will be delivered?
The scheme will deliver more than 220 new high-quality homes, including 95 homes for existing secured South Kilburn tenants, along with enhanced landscaping and highway improvements to Neville Road.
- April 2023 - Hoarding installation
- June 2023 - Demolition of existing buildings
- Autumn 2023 - Construction start
- Summer 2025 - First council homes completed
- Summer 2029 - All homes completed
Please note dates are indicative and subject to change as part of the redevelopment process. Any changes within the project will be communicated to the community.
Working hours for construction are weekdays 8am-6pm, and Saturdays 8am-1pm. There will be increased noise, as well as construction traffic, while works are taking place, however we will ensure that disruption is kept to the minimum level possible.
Countryside Partnerships has been appointed to deliver the scheme.
The scheme has been designed by award winning architects Pollard Thomas Edwards and the wider multi-disciplinary design team and underwent and extensive and inclusive consultation process with existing residents living residents and wider stakeholders.
The Council is committed to delivering an accessible and varied range of social value and employment initiative for local residents as part of each development. Pollard Thomas Edwards is also committed to working in partnership with Brent to make opportunities available to local people through social value initiatives and employment and training opportunities.
April 2023 - Over the course of the construction process there will be some changes and temporary measures in place, these include:
- an area of Woodhouse Urban Park will be temporarily closed from Spring 2023. This space will be used as the site compound and for parking throughout the duration of the works
- some on street parking will be affected at different times during construction
- a number of existing pathways around the site will be closed and alternative pedestrian routes introduced from May 2023
- Under Updates can we add one more bullet point saying: Carlton House Car Park will be closed from the summer of 2023
Further information will follow soon.