We want to assist businesses to grow by providing reassurance that your products, procedures and systems are correct enabling you to invest and trade with full confidence.
A Primary Authority Partnership is a statutory scheme, established by the Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Act 2008. It encourages local authorities to offer businesses quality and reliable regulatory advice.
If you need detailed advice, tailored to your business, across the full range of consumer laws including food and health and safety advice, then talk to us about a Primary Authority Partnership.
There is a cost for advice received under a primary authority partnership membership agreement.
Advantages of Primary Authority Membership
- Having access to helpful and informative advice to provide you with a better understanding of your legal responsibilities from a regulatory officer who knows your business, what it does and how you operate so as to avoid unnecessary burdens on your trading activities. When required, advice will be provided in writing.
- Where possible, dedicated officers will be assigned to work with and get to know your business. Officers will co-ordinate enquiries from other local authorities or regulators.
- Demonstrating to your customers, employees, contractors and potential new sources of business that you work in partnership with regulators and that you are committed to ensuring high standards of compliance with relevant legislation.
- Achieve better regulation for your business at local level by providing consistency across any branches or outlets you have based across different council boundaries.
- Avoiding inconsistent interpretation of legislation varying requirements and standards with from different regulators which cause your business unnecessary costs and the need for different procedures regionally.
- Through the Primary Authority Partnership scheme your business has access to reliable information based on a detailed understanding of your operations. It prevents inconsistent interpretation of regulations and applies regardless of where stores, factories or offices are based or products are sold.
- Tailor-made inspection plans so regulators check compliance with areas you would find helpful and avoid inspecting procedures which the Primary Authority partnership has agreed are robust and operate effectively.
- Other services can be provided by agreement under the Primary Authority partnership such as staff training, audits, site visits and reviews of policies, procedures and business systems.
Join the Primary Authority Membership scheme
If you are interested in joining the scheme, complete our online enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss the next steps.