"Our mission is to be the catalyst for the meaningful and successful inclusion of all Brent’s children and young people aged 0-25, championing an inclusive learning system for all.
As Head of Service I’m incredibly honoured to work alongside parents and carers, children and young people and staff across Brent Council, schools, targeted commissioned services and health services to achieve this; supporting children and young people to ‘dream big and achieve the very best they can be now and in adulthood’.
The teams within the Inclusion Service support the education of children with a social worker; children and young people missing education; at risk of exclusion and children; and children, young people and young adults with additional needs.”
Head of Service for Inclusion and the Virtual School Headteacher
The Inclusion Service is made up of different teams working together to help parents, carers, schools, nurseries and colleges.
These teams are:
- Special Educational Needs 0-25 Team
- Educational Psychology Service
- Early Years Inclusion Support Team
- Brent Deaf and hearing Support Service
- Brent Vision Impairment Service (BVIS)
- Inclusion Support Team
- Brent Outreach Autism Team (BOAT)
- Supporting The Assessment for Autism Route
- SEND Support Team
- Brent Virtual School, including the Extended Duties Team
- Educational Welfare Service