Blind Children UK helps children and their families tackle the challenges of young sight loss so that they can enjoy their childhood and realise their potential as adults.
The charity provides a number of services including:
- emotional and practical support, advice and information for parents of children with visual impairment
- training to help blind children and young people move around safely and independently and acquire important life skills
- expert independent advice to make sure blind children are supported at school and attend the educational provision that is right for them
- advice on choosing the most appropriate technology and sensory equipment to help children with a vision impairment study and play
- large print books for children with vision impairment, tailor-made for each child or young person.
As Blind Children UK is also part of the Guide Dogs family, the charity can also offer buddy dogs and guide dogs for young people.