Contact supports families with disabled children across the UK with the best possible guidance and information.
The charity brings families together to support each other and helps them to campaign, volunteer and fundraise. Services include:
- Contact helpline – a freephone helpline that advises thousands of parents each year on all aspects of caring for a disabled child
- workshops and information sessions for parents across the UK
- information about a wide range of local groups offering practical and emotional support for parents, including groups for parents whose children have a variety of different disabilities or the same condition
- extensive online information about issues such as education, benefits and family life, health and social care services
- a supportive online community giving families the chance to chat about anything from medical conditions to healthcare, holidays and higher education
- up-to-date and validated information on hundreds of disabilities and conditions, their symptoms, treatment and the support available