The National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS) provides services to support families with deaf children from birth to 25 years old. Founded by a group of parents of deaf children in 1944, the charity is dedicated to the needs of all deaf children, their families and carers.
Whether you have just found out your child is deaf, or you need support as they reach adulthood, the NDCS offers a range of help and support for families and carers, as well as professionals working with deaf children and young people.
Find out more about:
- Summer 2021 - online family events
- Helpline offering advice and support for families and professionals
- Services, information and support for deaf children and young people aged 8-18
- Information and support about education, rights and benefits, funding, equipment and technology
- Local support groups
- Online parent forum
- Events for families, children and young people
Due to the current pandemic, the charity has put face-to-face activities on hold, although online support and events are still running. Find out more about the charity's Covid-19 support.