Stanmore College is a mainstream further education college that provides education for students aged 16 and above. The college is committed to supporting inclusion through initial assessment of need, provision of specialist support and equipment and special exam arrangements. Students with additional needs are able to access:
- trained tutors who provide individual and classroom support
- specialist equipment, including software, for students who have a sensory impairment
- professional assessments
- careers advice
- special exam arrangements
- teaching assistants to take notes read and provide support for students who have additional needs
- support for students who have dyslexia
- continuous review and assessment
- workstations that are accessible for students who have a physical disability
- transport arranged to and from college (for those students whose transport is currently arranged by the local authority)
- advice on higher education and support in arranging visits and accessing the relevant support agencies
- help completing UCAS application and financial support forms for SA applications.
We encourage students to be involved in decisions about their education through involvement in writing up their Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and working closely with other professionals. In addition to this we encourage students to attend focus groups to give them a voice, enable them to share their experiences of the college and influence change.