Our Early Help Service provides a range of assistance for families with children aged 0 to 18 years old (up to 25 if the young person has a disability or additional needs).
There are a number of teams and services involved, including our:
- Family wellbeing centres: that deliver early help offer for children and families
- Family solutions team: works through family wellbeing centres to support families with children aged 0 to 18 years old (up to 25 for young people with disabilities) on a range of issues including mental health, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol misuse, parenting and money advice.
- Early years services: gives advice on childcare for all ages including free childcare for 2, 3 and 4 year olds and out of school childcare for older children.
- Portage team: a free home visiting service for pre-school children with a disability or additional needs
- Embedded team: that works to support siblings in families where older children are working with specialist /and/or statutory services (including pupil referral units and the youth offending service).
- Accelerated support team: providing a rapid-response service to young people (on the edge of care) between the ages of 11 and 17 and their families.