The Strengthening Families course will help parents with children up to 18 years to think about how their actions and experiences may influence their parenting style.
You will learn how to:
- gain a better understanding of child development
- use positive discipline techniques
- promote children’s social skills and self-discipline
- achieve positive change in family relationships
- explore and develop strategies to deal with factors that risk poor outcomes for children, such as harsh and/or inconsistent discipline.
The Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities Violence Prevention Programme aims to provide parents with a taster to the full SFSC programme and touch on preventative methods to their children becoming involved with gangs and knife crime.
|Course||Venue||Start date||Time||Duration||Crèche |
|Strengthening Families & Strengthening Communities Light |
|Curzon Crescent Family Wellbeing Centre||Wednesday 13 September 2023||11:30pm to 2:30pm||13 weeks||Yes|
If you are interested in booking a place on this workshop, including crèche facilities, please contact the Parenting Team using the details below.