Triple P for Baby helps parents of babies under a year old, offering practical information at a time of great change for families. It is delivered over an interactive 9-session programme which includes four (2-hour) group or 1:1 sessions where parents participate in a range of activities to learn about building the bond with their baby, encouraging healthy development, and positive strategies to teach their baby new skills as they get older. Parents also learn about coping with common emotional and relationship changes a baby’s arrival brings. The four sessions are followed by four individual consultations to help parents with independent problem solving as they practise their new skills at home.
- create the best environment for your baby
- encourage contentment
- learn a variety of strategies to cope with crying
- understand baby sleep patterns and healthy sleep habits
- promote your baby’s social and cognitive development
- take better care of your own emotional well-being
- improve your communication with your partner and other family members
- really enjoy life as a new parent
- you choose what works for you – adapt to suit your baby, your family, your values
- be confident about responding to your baby and meeting their needs, and having options if there are challenges (e.g., with crying or sleeping patterns)
- learn how to manage your emotions and communicate more effectively with your partner about parenting.
Programme duration: 2-hour weekly sessions over 9 weeks
Date: Date to be confirmed
Audience: For Pregnant parents or parents with babies under 12months