Home-Start Barnet, Brent and Harrow offers informal, friendly and confidential support for families with young children under five years old.
It is an independent charity that helps families with children through their challenging times. They families who are facing issues such as loneliness, isolation, financial difficulties, anxiety, post-natal depression, ill health, multiple births, or disabilities.
Trained volunteers, usually parents themselves, visit families once a week to help them in a variety of practical or emotional ways.
The charity also offers a range of other support for families including:
- Parenting programmes in partnership with a number of local children’s centres
- Supporting families who need practical help managing their finances, as well as workshops at local children’s centres
- Domestic violence programmes, including play therapy groups for children
- Family health coaching to improve the physical and emotional well being of young people or families, via one-to-one sessions in the home, for up to six months
- Perinatal (pregnancy and new mum) health coaching to improve the physical and emotional well being of mums and their babies
- Trips and outings for families
Families can self-refer to the service, or a professional working with you can also refer you with your consent. A referral form is available to download on the charity’s website.