SENDirect is an online service that has been created to support families of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
The site allows families to:
- search for and compare support, activities and services
- find out how much services cost and what other people think of them
- get information about their legal rights
- get guidance about whether an activity or service might be worth trying for their child
- speak directly to activity providers about adapting services to suit their exact needs
- have a voice in creating new and better services that actually suit them
- share their experiences with other families through reviews and recommendations
- buy support and equipment online, or authorise others to do so on their behalf.
As well as information about services that are available on the site, SENDirect also has information about:
- personalisation; what it is and how it is supposed to work
- legislation around assessing and meeting the needs of children and young people
- how to make sure services and activities are high quality and what questions to ask before you make a purchase.