Sufra Food Academy is an AQA accredited course aimed at young people between 11 and 18 years of age and runs from 10am to 2pm on Saturdays. The six-week course teaches young people how to cook a range of nutritious meals, understand the basics of healthy eating and provides additional support with literacy, numeracy and CV writing where necessary – providing a route into future employment or apprenticeships in the catering and hospitality industry.
All young people are welcome to join. The charity is particularly keen on supporting:
- young people not in education, employment or training
- young people about to leave care or who have left care
- young people with a previous history of drug or alcohol misuse
- young people with mental health problems
- young people who are ex-offenders.
For more information and to register visit: www.sufra-nwlondon.org.uk/services/food-academy/