The inaugural Brent Design Awards will celebrate excellence in great buildings and places, within the culturally diverse borough of Brent. As a new awards programme, it will have strong community focus, with a People’s Choice Award and local representation on the judging panel, including young people.
The programme will shine a light on the exciting projects making a positive contribution to the built environment and showcase the wide range of development happening in the borough. From large scale, mixed-use and residential developments to small projects, public space, landscape culture and heritage, the Brent Design Awards will champion the value of high-quality design and how this can improve local people’s quality of life.
- Mixed-use – buildings and places that combine different activities like homes, offices, leisure facilities and shops
- Residential – housing developments that have at least two homes
- Small projects – individual homes, extensions or refurbishments
- Culture and Heritage – buildings and places that reuse heritage assets or celebrate cultural diversity
- Public Realm and Landscape - public spaces including parks and community gardens
- People’s Choice - residents will have an opportunity to vote for their overall favourite shortlisted entry
The winning projects from each category will be awarded, with the architect, client and contractor recognised.
The awards ceremony is set to take place in the Grand Hall at Brent Civic Centre in May 2023.
As a community nominated award, this offers residents the opportunity to vote for their favourite from the shortlisted entries.
View all shortlisted entries for the awards along with details of how to vote.
Based on the votes received, the winner of the People’s Choice Award will be announced at the awards ceremony alongside the other categories.