We want to provide affordable, quality education. Your course fees, if any, will depend upon your personal circumstances, such as your residential status (home or international), age, and whether you are in receipt of benefits, and then finally on the course itself and how it is funded.
The information below will give you general guide on the possible fees and discounts. We can only calculate your actual fees after we assess the information you supply on your application and enrolment forms.
ESOL, English and Maths
These courses are free for many learners depending on your circumstances.
Family and Community Learning courses
Discounts are available for those on certain benefits or earning under a certain amount.
These courses are full price and no discounts apply.
Advanced Learning Loan courses
If you want to study one of our level 3 courses you can apply for a loan to cover the cost of the course, or if you may get this course for free.
To enrol on a course for free, you must fall into the following categories:
- I am aged 19+ and wish to study an English or Maths course and I do not have a GCSE grade A*-C in that subject
- Residential Status
- I am aged 19+ and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal credit and need help to move into work/progress in work/remove barrier to work
- I am aged 19+ and wish to study “Digital Skills” up to and including L1 and have been assessed at below level 1
- I am aged 19+ unemployed and claiming other benefits. I believe this course is directly related to improving my employment prospects
- I am aged 19-23 and wish to study Entry/L1 based course towards my first level 2 qualification
- I am aged 19-23 and wish to study my first full level 3 qualification
- English or Maths not GCSE
- I earn less than the London living wage £10.85per hr (£21,157)
- In receipt of benefits NLDC Pilot
- Employed less than 16 hours per week
- BSL First Language
- Unemployed DLA
New Level 3 funded provision
A selection of Level 3 qualifications are now funded through the National Skills Fund. This offer is for students aged 19-23 and 24+ and over to study for their first full work-focused qualification at level 3.
At Brent Start we are currently offering the following L3 Fully Funded qualifications.
- Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Level 3 Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Mathematics (AS Maths)
For more information talk to our customer services staff.
For a full breakdown of the costs for specific courses, please search Brent Start courses online or contact us.